Nathan-20, Dakota-17, Bryce-16, Wyatt-13, Hayden-11, Sawyer-8, and Sylas-6

  • Nathan-19, Dakota-16, Bryce-15, Wyatt-12, Hayden-10, Sawyer-8, and Sylas-5

Saturday, January 15, 2011

"A reader in every group"

So Bryce saw his Othopedics Physical Therapist yesterday. He gave him some great ideas and exercises to strengthen his knee. I brought all of the boys along, they had no school. The three little ones found a huge ball to toss around to eachother in a triangle formation, it kept them busy. Bryce was listening to the doctor, and Wyatt sat there quietly reading to himself, like he normally does. The doctor stopped and looked at me, pausing in his explination of exercises, telling me "There is always a reader in every group isn't there?" LOL, I thought that was a very interesting comment, it's so true, there is! Wyatt loves his books! He was saving money since last July, his birthday. He finally decided he wanted to take his stash to Barnes and Noble last weekend and pick out some books. Bryce had a gift card there, so I took the two of them for some books. Wyatt got three since he couldn't decide. It has been six days and he finished all three books in SIX days! These are chapter books, not just small picture books of any kind. They are about 5th grade level or so and he whips through them, loves them! He wants to get more already. I told him he needs to just get some from the library, he wants the whole series now. (39 Clues). He decided he finished Percy Jackson in one day and now wants to start the 39 Clues series so the first is done and wants the rest of the series now. I think if he was more responsible with his stuff, I would just get him a Kindle! Wish he could take care of things better! These books are brand new and he is done with them. I'm so glad he is a reader, it's so good for him! That was a nice comment from the doctor! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment