Nathan-20, Dakota-17, Bryce-16, Wyatt-13, Hayden-11, Sawyer-8, and Sylas-6

  • Nathan-19, Dakota-16, Bryce-15, Wyatt-12, Hayden-10, Sawyer-8, and Sylas-5

Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Crutches again!

Bryce hurt his right knee again yesterday at school. He was running and landed wrong and twisted it and fell to the ground in tears. He originally injured it last May tearing his ACL and meniscus. That type of injury would land any adult into surgery, but because he is a kid going through puberty that surgery is too risky. He ended up doing Physical Therapy for three long months. He was just release from therapy in August. Now he is back on crutches and we see the Orthopedic Surgeon and start from square one again tomorrow. Sigh, I know this type of an injury is a life long issue... but this boy can't catch a break lately! Between his allergic reaction and his knee problems I swear we will be lucky to get him through seventh grade!
The schools here in Texas are a whole other issue!!! He already had to switch this year because of his reactions, now yesterday the school nurse gave me a hard time telling me that the elevator doesn't work so Bryce will either have to find a way to climb the stairs, or if he gets stuck in the elevator I will get a bill for the maintenance crew having to come fix it every time!!! OMG are you kidding me!!! LOL That has got to be the biggest load I have ever heard! So of course I got on the phone and Internet and made my calls... After a lot of research and confirming my thoughts, I called the Superintendent and reported this. I left a message with the receptionist of the Superintendent telling her I notified the state of this "Health and Safely code violation" and she was immediately stuttering and told me he will call me right back, he is on another call. So I waited, within a couple minutes he called... haha.. He said he has maintenance on their way there now and were NOT aware of this issue! He is sorry the nurse told me that after I explained that, and she was wrongly misinformed how parents flip the bill! Somehow, I figured that ;). By 4pm he called me back and the elevator was miraculously fixed!!! Wow, that's great.. so Bryce went to school today and can use the elevator and I don't have to worry about him "finding" a way up the stairs on crutches. i figured I could get to the bottom of this.. We seem to have the best schools around here. UGH! Glad in the end, they did jump and fix the problem that was reported!
Bryce sees the Ortho Surgeon tomorrow for the next step most likely xrays and MRI order...

No comments:

Post a Comment