Nathan-20, Dakota-17, Bryce-16, Wyatt-13, Hayden-11, Sawyer-8, and Sylas-6

  • Nathan-19, Dakota-16, Bryce-15, Wyatt-12, Hayden-10, Sawyer-8, and Sylas-5

Thursday, January 20, 2011

Bullying in second grade

I don't think we have ever encountered such a level of bullying like we are now. Hayden has been bullied at his school now and it has gotten so out of control I had to meet with the school about some very serious threats that were put on a note and in person physically. Life threatening threats. He is in second grade and to be threatened about his life is just down right ridiculous! He has been teased about his race, his wrong answers in class, his hair, but to be seven and have your life threatened is out right dangerous. I met with the school about this and I sure hope the handle this with the most serious action possible. I warned them Hayden is being also cornered in the bathroom stall and these boys are swearing at him calling him (Hayden's words to me) A-hole and Mother f'r!!!! What second grader calls other kids these names!!! I am so sad for Hayden, my son who just five short months ago, loved school!!!! Now he cries and is scared to go to school. This is horrible. Not only is he being bullied, his self esteem is down the drain. He thinks nobody likes him, nobody cares for him, nobody wants to be his friend. I feel awful as a mother, I have failed him.
I had to switch his school in November because Bryce had life threatening allergic reactions to their last school and because of the times of school I couldn't be in several places at once to get them where they all needed to be. If there were school events Bryce could not be at the other school because of a possible anaphylactic allergic reaction. Now Hayden is being so bullied his whole personality has changed because of it, his whole outlook on school has changed. What a terrible predicament this is.

No comments:

Post a Comment