Nathan-20, Dakota-17, Bryce-16, Wyatt-13, Hayden-11, Sawyer-8, and Sylas-6

  • Nathan-19, Dakota-16, Bryce-15, Wyatt-12, Hayden-10, Sawyer-8, and Sylas-5

Friday, January 14, 2011

New Gluten Free recipes

I am always looking for new tasty gluten free recipes that the boys will be open to try. On top of being GF they are picky, makes things very hard. I am trying to make them have an open mind since that is very important in being on a strict diet. Hayden has gotten better with age, most days.. Sawyer is work in progress.
This week I have made a new banana bread recipe and cocoa pebble treats for them, but also made crock pot chicken fajitas. All turned out great! I am about to try a new meatball recipe, I talked to them ahead of time about it so we don't do the same thing Hayden did about the chicken Alfredo and the "made from turd" ordeal. It's a lot of work to make a gluten free meal and not to mention the price of gluten free items. I will also make a GF macaroni and cheese as a side dish to serve with it. Recipes to come later. I will make a whole other category with all recipes in it. I would love to add all my recipes on here and keep them. I found more blogs with many other peoples recipes I would love to try. I love to find more and adjust them to our needs and just hope the boys will like them!!! It gets so old having the same things all the time! Opening their taste palates will help them in the long run also. I just wish Sawyer would eat something beyond cheese, peanut butter, chicken on the bone or hot dogs. They have all gone through spurts like this, but it's amazing this boy grows at all! Imagine the GI doctor wants him off all dairy product! That is over half of his diet alone! No more cottage cheese would destroy his life! He relies on that, I can't break him from it. He has gone without eating instead. He literally throws his plate. I feel awful for him. I don't know what else to do. I have yet to take him off milk. He only tests pos on a blood test for an allergy, low pos at that. No obvious reaction when he eats it. I just don't agree with this doctor at all. I have many kids, many allergy tests in the past. Allergy past myself with foods. This is not a life or death situation. I just don't see the point. We are at opposite ends of the spectrum on this whole issue. Either way, I need new recipes and I am on the search for more sites and ideas!!

No comments:

Post a Comment