Hayden is pretty blunt, to say the least...
He doesn't understand saying things like "What did you do, make my dinner from turds? This is disgusting!!! " He yells it at the tops of his lungs and doesn't get that this hurts feelings. We made him Gluten Free Chicken Alfredo tonight. He has been asking for it ever since he saw ours the other night. He said it looked real good and wanted some that he could eat! So we thought it would be a great chance to get him to try something new! He is very picky.. Once he says something is gross, Sawyer won't try it either. There goes that new meal. Asperger's Syndrome is so hard to deal with sometimes. Having him shout rude things out is nothing new to us. He does it in public about other people, which has but VERY embarrassing before!!! In elevators where you can't run and hide, that is the worst! He once mentioned how HUGE this pregnant lady's belly was and how she ate a watermelon. That was the fattest lady ever! Yes, right in front of her. He was only 4 at the time, but she looked miserably pregnant, I'm sure that's really what she needed to hear right then! Then one time, we were at McDonalds (just 2 1/2), before starting his diet, he saw this overweight man, quite large in fact, he was saying "Mom, look he was pointing him out literally and saying it very loudly.. Mom, mom, he is Huge!!!!" Oh I was just so embarrassed! I just leaned over to Hayden, and told him, shhhhh honey, that's not very nice! We don't say those things! He kept going on and on, pointing him out! Oh I wanted to leave so bad!
Hayden doesn't get the social situations that saying something rude like that is very wrong! Hurting people's feelings is not right. I get it, Lee gets it but in the future, or now outside of our family people don't know he is an Aspie by looking at him. I hope he learns to control this behavior, but he hasn't caught on yet. I am trying to talk to him about it.
Needless to say, he didn't eat the dinner made from turds ;).... Neither did Sawyer.. dinner failed..
No comments:
Post a Comment