Nathan-20, Dakota-17, Bryce-16, Wyatt-13, Hayden-11, Sawyer-8, and Sylas-6

  • Nathan-19, Dakota-16, Bryce-15, Wyatt-12, Hayden-10, Sawyer-8, and Sylas-5

Wednesday, December 15, 2010

First Heartbreak

Seeing my son's first heartbreak, breaks my motherly heart and I can't help him.. makes me hurt so much more! I can't stand to see him hurt so bad! Basketball's team first cuts were today, unfortunately he, along with forty other kids did not make the team. I can't take his pain away and I want to so bad. I see the hurt in his face, his body language and his eyes. Ughhh, how very frusterating for a mother to see her child hurt. I'm sure I'm not the only mother tonight seeing their child going through this disappointment!
I guess Bryce's case might be a little different concidering he had already made a basketball team for his previous 7th grade team at Idea Quest school, the one he had all his allergic reactions at. He had to transfer schools and couldn't stay on that team because we couldn't figure out what his life threatening reactions were triggered from. Four seperate rides on the ambulance within 4 weeks got dangerous. We had to take extreme measures to save his life and switch his school. We never did figure out the cause of those reactions. Now he is at South Middle School, I know the school is much larger and more kids are trying out for basketball. Going through making the team and practice for weeks, to now being cut, has to be so difficult and emotional!
How can I help my son get through such a difficult fall, between health problems, changing schools, and now being cut from the team. Sigh, well I guess we will start from square one again and I will give a huge hug and let him know I love him no matter what :) !!
I picked Bryce up from school and he looked pale, white as a sheet of paper and I knew by the look on his face something wasn't right. He told me, but acted like he was fine. I believe he was trying to act tough and not break down. He immediately went to his room to work on a science project. He has been working on this project for a couple days and its almost done, well the stress and emotions got the best of him and he broke down. It was not the project, I knew it was the emotions of the day. I locked the door (so the little ones don't come in) and we had a great talk and I gave him a huge hug and he let his emotions go. Even my boy can still cry on mom's shoulder, I love that. I don't want him to coop his feeling up inside. I let him know, no matter what I love him and will never be disappointed! Maybe we can look into other leagues in the area and he actually piped up and liked that idea. So not only did that help, he sat up and continued on his project. I think he needed to know I wasn't upset at all with him. I will never be upset, he tried and that he went out there and did it! It really doesn't matter to me if he makes it or not. I just want him to be happy and not sad.
I discovered parenting isn't all about watching your child succeed today, it's about watching them live life and work through good times and bad, being there when they need you most. I really did not like seeing him hurt so much and not be able to take the pain away. He will always remember this. I can't take that away from him.

No comments:

Post a Comment