So if Hayden hasn't been through enough, this boy is plagued. I feel so guilty and as a mother wish I could take everything he has away, it brings such a heavy heart to me.
On Jan 16th, 2011 as we sat at Bryce's basketball game we sat there watching his game like normal. Hayden is very intrigued by sports. Loves to be very involved and gets very into the games. He sat very quiet this night. Sitting right next to Lee he was just sitting there, I noticed his neck and head making this tic like movement, completely involuntary. He wasn't doing this on purpose, I recognized this movement. It was a jerking like movement I know that is common that other people do that we know, like my sister's husband. Hayden was talking with Lee and his head would still do this "tic movement" and his eye brow would move up also. He has no control over this movement, that is for sure. It was going and going.
I had a gut feeling I knew what this movement was, but didn't want to think my son had this.. I pointed it out to Lee, he had noticed this also.
Later that night, after we got home, I looked back on a video we had taken of Hayden and his behaviors days prior. I noticed he was doing this movement in this video also..
The next day, Hayden had an appointment with his psychologist and I told him about this, he watched him and told me exactly what I had figured the night before, possible Tourette's Syndrome. Although, he is not a neurologist, this is looking like a classical tic. We need to get him in soon. We wanted to rule out a medication side effect also.
The next day we had an appointment with his psychiatrist anyway, so we discussed it there also. That doc took him off his Abilify that day for a whole week to make sure it wasn't the med causing these tics. Now, not only do we have the tics to worry about. Hayden not being on his mood stabilizer meds, will be another whole issue on top of it all.
His tics got worse being off the Abilify for the week, his behaviors were okay the first few days, then they got worse and worse as the days went on. He is VERY aggressive and mean. Being 8 years old and a solid 80 lbs is a tough kid to control when he is upset. He will attack at a moments notice. Physically he will tackle someone or hit, punch, or kick, no warning what so ever. He needs to be on his med. Yes, he has good times, and just when you think everything is going so well, is normally when someone says something to set him off. It's that fast.
We ended up seeing the ped neurologist on the 23rd, which is very soon to get it actually. They were concerned with his chronic vomiting, so they got him in right away. The doc went over his complete history. Not only does he have physical tics, but a long history of verbal tics. He has been yelling out YOU SUCK,or YOU CHEATED, and curling up in a ball and yelping in a rhythm for quite some time. We blew it off to Aspergers syptoms forever.
The Neurologist is also ordering a head CT because of the chronic vomiting, unequal pupils, recent persistant headaches just to rule out anything else. He is sure nothing else will show up, but it's just a formality to rule anything else out. That is scheduled for the 31st.
My Hayden now not just has Celiac Disease, Asperger's Syndrome, ADHD, but now Tourette's Syndrome.
His congenital UPJ obstruction for his kidney is also going to be handled this February by a pediatric Urologist coming down from San Antonio.
poor kid.. :( makes me sad he can't catch a break..
No comments:
Post a Comment