When Wyatt does things, he must do them to the extreme. Sort of like an perfectionist. He has to have it done just right. One thing Wyatt always does and does to the extreme, is when he gets sick it is to the extreme. He does get sick, which really isn't that often, he REALLY gets sick. Last spring he was the only one in the family that did not get the flu. He lucked out. I knew once he does fall sick though, to watch out. He has been hospitalized several times for dehydration in the past few years. His body dehydrates so fast and with a fury. Whether it's from pneumonia, the flu, or just any illness, he gets it bad. Not often, just bad.
So Sylas has been sick this past week with a bug, I figured it would spread like wild fire. I sure didn't think Wyatt would be the next one to pick it up, but he woke me up in the middle of the night sick as could be. He hasn't stopped since. The anti-nausea med hasn't touched it to help, since Sylas was seeing the pediatrician today, Wyatt also was seen. He is borderline hospitalization right now, so I am keeping a close eye on him. The doctor wrote for a stronger anti-nausea med today, one they typically give to kids going the chemotherapy, so the doctor said he does not give it out to any typical kid. Wyatt is riding a fine line right now, I sure hope this works and keeps him out of the hospital! Little Wyatt only weighs a mere 65 lbs, down from 68, 9 days ago. He is 9.5 yrs old so that is small for his age. He really didn't have enough to lose to begin with. I am hoping he can start to eat and hold it down. The doctor trusts me to determine if he gets worse, I know when to take him in to the ER since it's a Friday. I think after all these kids I know the signs of severe dehydration by now. Wyatt is a good kid, I sure do know when he is sick though he gets quiet. For Wyatt that's the first sign something is wrong. Not much stops him from talking. :) He will get through this and bounce back to his old self in no time..
No comments:
Post a Comment