Nathan-20, Dakota-17, Bryce-16, Wyatt-13, Hayden-11, Sawyer-8, and Sylas-6

  • Nathan-19, Dakota-16, Bryce-15, Wyatt-12, Hayden-10, Sawyer-8, and Sylas-5

Sunday, July 27, 2014

July 2014 updates on us

I haven't posted in forever, we have a ton going on right now! Relocating yet again... imagine that right?? I really do not like moving, have I ever mentioned that? Back home to Michigan this time, I will miss the South for sure! The cold and I do NOT get along at all! I prefer the heat so much more.

The house isn't selling very fast, it is almost August and Lee has been in MI since March now. I am hanging back selling this house and being mom to all the boys. They actually start school back up here Aug 5th, which we hoped that we would be moved before this next school year, that didn't happen.

This summer we had more broken bones, yet again. Sawyer broke his humerus (arm) by jumping off a swing at the park. It was displaced so he had to have surgery with a screw holding it together. That was early May. He had a horrible reaction to what we thought was the Tylenol, hallucinations and  vomiting. These hallucinations were absolutely no joke. He had tons of bugs all over him, inside and outside of his cast and crawling all over him. He was using a clothes pin to catch them around the house, what he thought were actually there, weren't. I have a video of him. The Tylenol wore off so did these hallucinations. Then we had terrible headaches and fevers happening along with him losing over 7lbs during the 4 weeks he had that screw in his arm. He really felt horrible. He is not a complainer so he didn't say anything about his headaches until he just finally gave in and said why he never ate his favorite dinners. Of course I had been calling the doctors to follow up. His pediatrician got extremely concerned after finally seeing him. They called Neuro, infectious disease, Ortho and hematology specialists for him and of course his psychiatrist has talked to him. He is still VERY paranoid of bugs, they freak him out, but we are making progress.
Ortho decided to take the screw out several weeks early in case that could be causing some issues. His arm is healing fine, so it will be alright to do so. They did it and the surgery went fine, boy was I a nervous wreck!! Since then, the headaches seem to be gone, he is eating as well as he did before, and fevers are gone. Looks like this was the screw causing issues. Titanium is not common, but who says my kids follow that road like everyone else right??  lol .. So glad to have Sawyer back, just don't let him see any bugs!
Wyatt had broken his wrist (scaffoid bone)  at the end of the school year playing soccer in PE. He had a splint on for a few wks then the cast for 3, then a splint for another 2 until that was completely healed.He is going into 8th grade soon, how time flies!

Then Bryce had a rough go also, got into a fight, not all innocent himself on that one.. had a nice shiner. Then broke his hand as it was caught in a slammed door.. Bryce is looking forward to the move, but knows it might be a few months even, which stinks. He will be a Junior this year. 

As for some better news, court is tomorrow morning and it should be fine and we will add one more boy to our crew officially!! Dakota who is 17 now will be ours! He sure has turned his life around for the better and has a bright future. So happy for him, and all of us. Dakota will be a Senior this year and isn't driving just yet, but looks forward to proving to be more responsible so he can get his permit. ( same with Bryce).

Sylas is gearing up for 1st grade and as active as ever! We aren't mentioning any type of owies for him, so far so good.. He is so athletic I am really thinking of Fall soccer for him.

Hayden, oh my Hayden.. This boy has come through some woods this summer. Not sure he is out just yet, but seems to be much happier and smiling more. Less tempers and hitting things. He is going into 6th grades, last year of elementary school! This boy is getting so big, hard to believe Middle School next year. He loves music, cooking, baseball and hanging with friends of course, typical 11 yr old.

These boys sure are fun and energetic, but man finding time to keep this updated is tough. I keep forgetting my password or where the link is! I might be losing it! Maybe I have already lost it? lol.. Hayden has pointed out a gray hair and all my wrinkles.. (Thanks Hay)..


No comments:

Post a Comment